- This event has passed.
1 June - 30 June
@DISTURBANCE – EXPERIMENTAL RESIDENCY AND HYBRID SHOWCASE DEDICATED TO LGBTQI+ ARTISTS
@Disturbance is an interdisciplinary, experimental artistic residency and development programme that aims at challenging power dynamics offering a platform for new representations of genders, bodies, identities and sexualities. It champions and supports emerging LGBTQIA+ artists to blend physical and digital elements into their work. Each residency ends with a public performance, showcased live from Ugly Duck and online.
We are looking for 3 performance artists, 3 video artists and 1 digital artist.
What we offer:
Successful applicants will receive:
- 1 week paid residency for performance artists, to develop existent work or to create new work at Ugly Duck, London
- Paid opportunity for video and digital artists to share their work in the physical and online end performance. They will NOT receive the 1 week residency
- Free rehearsal space at Ugly Duck before the performances
- Technical support and training with on-site technician
- 1:1 feedback sessions with industry leaders
- Workshops with industry professionals
- The opportunity to showcase the work in two live events, one aimed at industry professionals and the other open to the general public. Each event will be both physical and streamed
- Video documentation of the process
- High-quality video for each performer
- Applicants must be self-identifying LGBTQIA+ emerging artists
- Applicants must be over 18
- Applications are open to performance artists, video artists and digital artists only.
- Applicants can apply as individuals, pairs or small groups
- Performances and videos in the showcase can be up to 20 minutes each
- 1st-30th June 2022: @Disturbance open for submissions
- 6th July 2022: Selected artists announced
- July 2022: Workshop #1 (1 day)
- September 2022: Workshop #2 (1 day)
- October 2022: Workshop #3 (1 day)
- 4th-11th November 2022: @Disturbance residency week
The application process:
Submissions open: 01/06/22
Submissions close: 30/06/22
Applications can be made via Zealous.co
If you have video examples of previous work, a digital portfolio or a social media account showcasing previous work, please include these in your application.
Applications will be reviewed by our jury, including Deen Atger, Amy Pennington and Puer Deorum.
The artists selected will be announced on 8th July 2022
@Disturbance is committed to create a truly inclusive environment. We particularly encourage applications from groups who are underrepresented, including disabled, neurodivergent and BIPOC artists.
This is a paid opportunity.
If you have any further questions or accessibility enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com